Videos provided by Dr. Tom Seabourne
A Message About the Presenter of the Video Workout Library.
Dr. Tom Seabourne holds a Ph.D. exercise science. He currently is a professor at a college in Texas. He has been a two-time All-American member of the United States Taekwondo Team and a National International AAU Taekwondo Champion. He was an ESPN Professional Karate Association full-contact karate winner, varsity tennis player at Penn State, and a USPTA tennis pro. Dr. Seabourne currently holds 4 ultra-distance cycling World Records. He finished in the top ten in the Race Across America (RAAM). Dr. Seabourne is certified through the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the Cooper Clinic, and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). He writes a weekly fitness column in the Longview News Journal (80,000 readers) entitled Your Personal Trainer. He also writes a column in The Mount Pleasant Tribune (8000 readers) titled The Fitness Connection. He enjoys promoting fitness once a week on his radio call-in talkshow called Total Fitness.
Tom Seabourne also happens to be my brother. When Tom started producing these videos for the internet, we felt that this was an outstanding resource for our members to quickly and accurately learn great deals of information, otherwise contained in text books. Tom’s format, as if you are training with him, offers an informal yet information packed discussion regarding many fitness topics. I hope you enjoy these videos and please email me if you have any questions or comments.
- Winner: RAAM Open West
- Finished in top ten in the Race Across America (RAAM)
- Oklahoma State 24-hour cycling record: 458 miles
- Holder of two Texas state cycling records
- Holder of Arkansas and Louisiana state cycling records
- National 12-hour record holder: 229 miles
- 1995 24-hour Texas State Cycling Champion.
- Commendation from the United States House of Representatives Scholarship athlete
- Played number one on high school tennis team and number four on Penn State University tennis team
- Pennsylvania District II doubles champion.
- Two-time national heavyweight tae kwon do champion
- Runner-up in the World Taekwondo Championships
- Two-time North American and Pan American Champion
- Two-time All American Athlete
- ESPN PKA Full Contact Champion
As a two-time National AAU Taekwondo Champion, Silver Medalist in the World Championships, and ESPN Professional Karate Association winner, Dr. Seabourne has been in Sports Illustrated magazine 3 times. Ultimately, he was featured as the Sports Illustrated Athlete of the Month.